Supported by the NH Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Developmental Services, Special Medical Services
Special Medical Programs at MCHC
Child Health Services at MCHC offers four unique special medical programs services including; health care coordination, neuromotor clinic, nutrition, feeding and swallowing services and child development clinics.
Health Care Coordination:
Comprehensive health care coordination in Hillsborough, Rockingham, and Strafford Counties is available. Coordination services are provided to any family with a child (birth-21 years of age) who has special health care needs. To apply for services, please complete an application HERE.
Neuromotor and Complex Care Network:
Comprehensive evaluations, ongoing consultation, and care coordination for children and youth with neuromotor disabilities and complex medical conditions. To apply for services, please complete an application HERE.
Nutrition, Feeding, and Swallowing Services:
A statewide network of pediatric nutritionists and feeding and swallowing specialists providing in-home and community-based consultation. To apply for services, please complete an application HERE.
Child Development Clinic:
Child Development Clinics provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations to assist families who have children with developmental and behavioral differences in making informed decisions regarding medical, developmental, and educational needs. Services are family-centered and culturally sensitive. Specialty evaluations are available for autism spectrum disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, developmental delays and learning disabilities.
As a result of the evaluation process, family and community providers can expect to:
- Receive information regarding a child’s developmental and educational needs, whether or not a diagnosis is present
- Learn about medical or related services that may be needed to assist with or treat the identified developmental concerns
- Receive information about community resources and support in accessing services
Our teams consist of a Clinic Coordinator, Developmental Pediatrician, and a Child Psychologist/Developmental Specialist. This team will evaluate each patient by conducting the following process:
- Review of medical, developmental, and education history
- A home visit by one of our Clinic Coordinators
- Family interview
- Cognitive, developmental, and/or behavioral assessment
- Examination by a Developmental Pediatrician
- Family conference to review diagnostic findings and recommendations
- Comprehensive assessment report
- Developmental follow-up and care coordination as needed
To refer a child to the Child Development Clinic please contact:
Manchester, Keene, & the Lakes Region (ages 0-6 years):
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CLINIC
Pat McLean, RN, M.Ed.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CLINIC